Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

Another shorter post, no traveling means less to report on, but still plenty of good stuff to read. While part of the Wolfish-Bick clan were celebrating Thanksgiving in Minneapolis last Thursday, I was patiently waiting for the weekend. Saturday was the day for our Thanksgiving feast. Jessie graciously played hostess in Bucheon (a little over an hour away by subway from Suwon) and dinner was a great success. Once the men arrived in Bucheon, we immediately made our way to the closest HomePlus to pikc up our end of the meal. Like so many grocery stores worldwide, HomePlus has an array of samples as you trek through the aisles, but we were men on a mission and I can personally say that I have never made it through a grocery store that served samples as fast as I did last Saturday while still enjoying some of the tasty and free treats. Right as we entered the store, we made a beeline for the rotisserie and fried chicken that was our substitute for turkey (no one had an oven to cook one in). Next we darted over to the wine section and grabbed two "not-so-great taste wise but great deal" bottles of wine, a Chilean cab sav and I forget what the other one was, but I do remember it earned the distinct nickname, the "Guiness of wines," not for its rich flavor, but for its thick texture. From the wines we made our way to the bread, chips, and canned corn. When we got back to Jessie's, the rest of the meal was almost finished. The meal itself was great! In addition to the chicken and corn, we had stuffing, steamed broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, and cheesecake. Oh, and how could I forget the Monkberry Moon Delight and the Savoy Truffle? Sunday was the usual R & R.

In other news, I can't believe it's already December, 23 days until vacation begins, which I am definitely looking forward to. Good to see the Vikings keep on rolling and congrats to Mr. Joe Mauer on the MVP award, hopefully the Twins can keep him, it'd be a shame to see him go. I have a busy week this week; I'm finishing up my workbook and I also have to organize my Winter English camp plans and submit them. And how could I forget the big concert news: Earth, Wind, and Fire are playing in Seoul, Dec. 18th, Muse are here January 7th and Green Day are here January 16th. Hopefully I can make it to one of them. That's all from this end.

iPod A-Z update: "Monkey Bars" by Jurassic 5

No comments:

Post a Comment