Monday, November 23, 2009

The Weekend

Back with another new post, albeit much shorter than the last few. Friday night was spent in Ilsan with Dave and Alex, a very typical guys night out. On Saturday, Alex and I met up with Mika in Seoul and we went to check out the Seoul Museum of Art, which was interesting, but also quite small. The current feature exhibit is modern art from Beijing, Seoul, Istanbul, and Tokyo. Some of it was interesting, some of it went way over my head. I definitely don't have the most refined knowledge of what is good art and there are some things like the mannequin in a bodybag that I don't think I will ever understand or interpret as art, that's more along the lines of Yoko art. Anyways, the gift shop at the museum was awesome! They had everything from a extensive Korean cuisine cookbook to Thomas the Tank Engine models (very exciting to see!). In the end, Robyn ended up with a nice trinket, which I hope she'll enjoy when I see her in a month. After the art museum we headed to Insa-dong, a very artsy, Uptown-ish area with lots of small coffeeshops and smaller galleries. By this point in the day I was famished and after grabbing a drink and warming up we made our way to Kraze Burger, the best burger in Korea. It's not something we have all the time so when we do go there, it makes it that much better, which probably elevates its place on my food pedestal. Regardless, the K.O. burger was excellent. From Insa-dong we made our way to Dongdaemum, one of many areas in Seoul filled with endless shopping markets. I figured I could do some scouting for Mom and Robyn and the other guys were in the market for peacoats. All of us accomplished our goals (except Dave, but he still ended up with a jacket). Saturday night was spent in Hongdae with the usual crowd and Sunday was the usual low-key, relaxed affair. I'd love to write more but that's all I can think of from the past weekend, but stay tuned, I'm willing to bet there will be some good material from Thanksgiving weekend.

iPod A-Z update: "Maybe Baby" by Buddy Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment