Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Winter Break!

Hey everyone,

I'm in a little bit of a retrospective mood as I write this latest post. Today was my last day of teaching in 2009; my winter vacation begins bright and early tomorrow morning and I'm really excited for Japan and a little Wolfish family trip. I can't believe I'm basically at the halfway point of my year of teaching, all of the sudden the days have begun to fly by. It's been a tremendous experience so far and I'm definitely glad with the decision I made. That being said, I'm definitely ready for a little break and I'm looking forward to all that Japan has to offer in the week we're there. The last three days of classes have been pretty fun to teach, mostly games, which is easy for both the students and myself. My special class had a lot of fun with Twister and Apples to Apples today. All the teachers and students were definitely excited for the short week because of Christmas. I'm hoping we can still enjoy our usual Christmas tradition of Chinese food and a movie, but substitute Japanese food for the Chinese. Speaking of movies, I saw Avatar last night and thought it was pretty good overall. I knew going into the movie that I really wasn't going for the plot, definitely paid to see the ridiculous over-the-top CGI creations and they didn't disappoint. I had hoped the story would be a little better given that James Cameron spent 9 years on the movie, but overall the movie was enjoyable.

In other news, I finished my workbooks and they'll get printed and binded over winter vacation, which is great, but I'm glad with that project. I'm currently waiting on a last minute load of laundry that I hope dries before the morning. It definitely helps to have heated floors to speed up the process. I may or may not be blogging from Japan, we'll see if anyone brought their computers, I'm leaning towards not bringing mine, but I'll have a notebook to jot down all the important stuff. That's about it from my end, if I don't blog in Japan there should be a new post up on New Year's Eve.

iPod A-Z Song update: "One Headlight" by the Wallflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment