Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Korean Spring: The Tease

Hey all,

I apologize for the lack of pictures in the last few posts, I haven't really taken any new photos recently.  It's a product of hanging out with a group of people where at least one person always has their camera and will take pictures over the course of the weekend.  But, don't get discouraged, for there will be new pictures in the next post and here's why:  this weekend Dave and I are traveling to Jeju-do (affectionately known as Korea's Hawaii) for a frisbee tournament, so I will have my camera prepped and ready to go when we're not playing.  Referring back to the title of this post, the weather continues to be up and down, but we haven't been able to string together a solid week of nice weather yet.  This past weekend was great, mid-60s F and sunny during the day, but cooler at night.  The brief glimpse of nice weather inspired Dave and myself to venture out to frisbee, which was pretty good.  I hadn't played since last September and for Dave it was even longer, but it was enjoyable and we're both really excited for the tournament this coming weekend.  We spent the majority of last weekend in Seoul and it was another successful weekend. 

In other news, not too much else has changed.  School is still going well and my students seem to be improving, so that is always encouraging.  Last Friday night, I finally gave in and saw The Blind Side.  It was a pretty good movie, not quite up there with Mighty Ducks or The Sandlot or Remember the Titans, in terms of awesome sports movies, but it was well done and the story was pretty remarkable.  Last Friday the whole school went on field trips, but since my co-teacher and I don't have a homeroom class, we stayed behind.  This was great for me because it meant I got to watch the 1st round of the NFL draft, only to see the Vikings trade out of the 1st round.  We also had an awesome 삼겹살  (samgyeopsal) barbeque for lunch with tons of side dishes as well.  It was a great end to last week. 

I'm still waiting to here back on my official vacation days in August, but like I said before, once I know for sure, I'll let everyone know what my game plan is.  That's all from this end. 

Book recommendation:  I picked up this book about a month ago on a recommendation from a friend.  Some of you may know that my senior history seminar last year focused on Caligula and, while this novel takes place a little later in Roman history, it has definitiely re-peaked my interest in the aforementioned subject.  It is a very good work of historical fiction and a definite page turner.  A good combination of facts, details, and an intricate and exciting plot.









What I'm listening to: "Love Like a Sunset Pts. I and II" by Phoenix

Links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5sks4wK4Lc&playnext_from=TL&videos=t-1ZqK9Cnzo&feature=grec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJYUSdX-Rps&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pvpjAM0FA

No comments:

Post a Comment