Friday, July 26, 2013

Parents Arrive and Ambling Around Annecy

Welcome back faithful readers of the blog (especially my wonderful girlfriend Brittany!). As many of you probably know, my parents arrived in Geneva last Friday and it has definitely been nice to see them and eat some pretty great food as well! On Saturday we went on a nice walking tour around Geneva including the area where I work and around the UN and then across the lake to Vielle Ville and the Parc des Eaux Vives before taking a mouette ride back across the lake. The weather was quite hot this past weekend so there were plenty of breaks in the shade along the way.

The Broken Chair sculpture across the street from the Palais des Nations
While we missed the Tour de France stage in Annecy on Saturday, we were still able to make it for a nice day trip on Sunday and I'm glad we chose to go. Annecy is very picturesque, especially the area around Lake Annecy, with the French Alps set in the background. We arrived just in time to partake in the traditional Sunday market for a while before sitting down for a delicious lunch of crêpes. After lunch we walked up to the medieval château of Annecy and then back down to the lake and back into town. It was quite a nice visit, even if the temperature was hovering around 35 Celsius for most of the day. Needless to say a gelato stop was in order before we left.

Sunday Market in Annecy

View of the Alps and Lac Annecy from the Chateau d'Annecy

The Palais de l'Isle

Lac Annecy
I am back at work for most of the week while Mom and Dad take a little tour around Switzerland and then I will meet up with them again this coming weekend in Montreux and from there we will go to Gruyères and possibly Broc as well for some cheese and chocolate before heading back to Geneva for their last night. It's hard for me to believe that I have less than a month left before I come home so I will try to get the most of my Swiss travel in over the next few weeks. The good news is that there are a few work holidays coming up which will be more accommodating for travel.

That's all for now.

What I'm listening to:
"Something In The Way" by Nirvana http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNVu55ZyC-Y


2 comments:

  1. Did your father partake in Banana gelato?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out!! I really loved your pictures from this little getaway- gorgeous! I hope you are up for going back someday!

    ReplyDelete