Monday, October 19, 2009

Korean Drum Class and more...







I can't believe I forgot to put this in last night when i was writing but last Wednesday at my Korean Language and Culture class we had a private Korean drum lesson, which was great. I remember for the longest time when I was younger I wanted to play drums (Ringo definitely didn't influence that at all) but Mom and Dad were completely against the idea, so I moved on to guitar, which they were also against. Anyways, I got to showcase my rhythm last week and it was great. The drum is shaped like an hourglass and you it it with a mallet on one drum head and a very thin wooden spatula on the other. This afternoon my special advanced class had their monthly magic + English lesson. This basically consists of a Korean magician and myself, acting as the magician's assistant, basically teaching the trick in English. The kids loved it and it's just another reason why I love elementary school. Looking forward to this weekend, the annual Kimchi Festival is being held in Seoul, which means an extraordinary amount of various kimchi strands to taste, I'm not sure how anyone could possibly pass this up. That's all from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment