Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Chuseok!

Hi everyone,

Here's my first mid-week post in a while due in part to the long weekend I have for the Chuseok break. Chuseok is one of two major Korean holidays that is a celebration of the fall harvest and families honor their ancestors. I have school off Thursday, Friday and the following Monday, which is nice because it means I get to travel. A few friends and myself are going to Korea's east coast to do some exploring, possibly hike parts of Seoraksan National Park, which is supposed to be absolutely breath taking. I hope everyone's fast went well, mine was fine and the rest of this week the teachers at my school kept on asking me more questions about Judaism; I'm pretty sure I'm the first Jew they have ever met, which isn't surprising. I have also been keeping up with the Twins playoff push, thanks in part to my friend Stephen's Slingbox account. I woke up at 9 am this morning to catch the game, but unfortunately the Twins played themselves basically out of the race losing 7-2 to the Tigers. Better luck next year, but now I can move on emotionally to the NFL and NHL seasons. It was awesome to have vintage Brett Favre on our side for once and I can't imagine how much attention the Monday night game this week is getting, might be the loudest the Metrodome will ever get. I'm also very excited for the Leafs and the Wild to start their seasons and hopefully this year my dream scenario for the Stanley Cup will finally come true, although it would be tough to choose who to root for.

Alright that's all from here, you can expect plenty of new pictures and a new blog post next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment